Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Texts to my son say not delivered when I respond to him..

Customer Question
Texts to my son...

Texts to my son say not delivered when I respond to him.. all others no problem

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

#6 not sure of operating system

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

Just this AM

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/24/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue. Please ignore the computer generated Premium services offers, they are not from me!

It is possible he has his imessages turned off OR he has an android phone

Make sure you have your settings correct to where if imessage is not available that you can send as regular texts as well so they will go through with no problems.

Check this :

TAP SETTINGS ICON

SCROLL DOWN AND TAP MESSAGES

MAKE SURE SEND AS SMS IS TOGGLED ON AND GREEN

Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

Also if your signal or his signal is a low or barely on this will also effect this..

Another thing you can do it soft reset your phone because imessage has a habit of hanging up with some models after a time... You can soft reset by doing the following:

Iphone 6 - Hold power and home button down together until you see the apple logo then release

Iphone 7 and 8 - Hold power and volume down together until you see the apple logo then release