Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I shut my iphone off today and when I turned it back on I…

I shut my iphone...

I shut my iphone off today and when I turned it back on I was asked for a passcode I do not remember. When I went on line using my account name it asked for a credit care that I no longer have or use. Now what?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I don't recall ever changing my apple id

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No Not sure how

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I did do an upgrade today. Prior to that I had my passcode disabled.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/24/2018
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have iPhone 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, X, etc.?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
7

Do you also have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer? What's the make / model of your computer?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Iphone7

Besides the iPhone 7, do you have a Windows or Mac computer? What's the make / model of your computer?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Latitude e7450 Voronezh dell on w irk lap top

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can fix your iPhone 7 directly through your computer for you:

https://tinyurl.com/yc9hqkzh
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
on my computer with you now

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/yc9hqkzh
, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
When I do control J. I do not get the option of Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
should we use my Ipad instead?

No, you use your computer. ON your computer, what happens when you click on the website below?

https://tinyurl.com/yc9hqkzh

- Then do you see the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client ? Usually, it's shown at the bottom of your computer's screen.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
It just defaults to this screen we are corresponding on. Control J does not show Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client either

On your Dell computer, when you click on the website https://tinyurl.com/yc9hqkzh , at this page, it should show the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client at the bottom of this page.

- IF needed, open your Downloads folder to see if the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client show there.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
NO Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client at the bottom of this page. Not sure how to get down loads folders

Do you have the iTunes program on your Dell computer?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No it's a work lap top. I do have ITunes on my Ipad

It looks like your laptop is preventing the download, but can you see if you can download the iTunes 64-bit program at the website below on the Dell computer :

https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Downloading now
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
done, now what?

Now, open the downloaded iTunes... file and install it, thanks.

Once the iTunes program is installed successfully on the computer, then please try:

1. Open iTunes program the computer.
  2. Connect the iPhone 7 to the computer with the USB Cable.
  3. Turn off the iPhone by holding down the Power button on the right side, and then swipe on the screen, and wait until the iPhone is completely turned off with a black screen.
  4. Next, press and hold the Power button on the right side of the iPhone for 3 seconds.
  5. While still holding the Power button, now, also press and hold the Volume Down button on the left side of the iPhone.
  6. Continue holding both the Power button and Volume Down button for 10 seconds.
  7. Then release the Power button, but continue holding the Volume Down button for 5 seconds.
  8. In the iTunes program on the computer, click on option Restore... and confirm / continue once it has detected the iPhone.
    - Note: You can click on the small circle icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program on the computer in order to see the download progress.

Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times, or so.

- You can also see the video instructions at the website below; it may be easier:

https://youtu.be/qCIM6YdcyRE?t=44

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
My work computer sent a message that I do not have sufficient privileges to download this program

I'm sorry, in this case, you need to use your computer or a friend's computer with administrator right. I've emailed you, so you can always get back to me as needed. Thank you for your patience.

Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Viet-Mac Tech,
After our fairly lengthy and unhelpful conversation, I realized in retrospect I am not even close to 100% satisfied. What you could have done is to ask if my work lap top was encrypted which would have saved a lot of time trying to download itunes. Secondly, the video link you sent would have been helpful however, I was able to find the 1-800 aplcare number and discovered that I did not have to loose my data as you said I would and was given the site info for iforgot.apple.com. This should have been your advice for me and others.

I'm sorry; customers almost always use home computers, unless they tell me otherwise. First, forgetting the passcode requires you to reset / restore your iPhone. Secondly, I never said you would lose your data; after resetting / restoring your iPhone, you would restore your iPhone from iCloud, and your data would still be there. Thirdly, after restoring your iPhone, whenever it asks for your iCloud / Apple ID, it would give you the Forgot password ***** I'm glad you got it working now. If you need help with any other electronics / computer question / issue, please let me know anytime. Thank you for the update.

Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech