Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Locked out because of too many log ins and it will not

Customer Question
Locked out because of...

Locked out because of too many log ins and it will not connect to I tunes

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

He has no Apple ID it is like a new telephone

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes I think so anyway, I tried something from apple

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No the phone was just activated today, he transferred his old phone to this Apple phone

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/24/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

This either happens by entering the wrong apple id password ***** the passcode (4 to 6 digits) incorrectly several times. Therefore I have listed both fixes.

If it was the apple id and password ***** you need, please go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

If it is the passcode that was entered too many times, then you will need to do the following to bypass the passcode and disable but make sure your Apple device is in recovery mode. I explain in the steps below and have added a screenshot of what your apple device looks like recovery mode.

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step. I am not sure what version of your iPhone it is but please try one of the following in steps 4-6. See pic attached to this message.
  4. On an iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 8 Plus: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
  5. On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold both the Side and Volume Down buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  6. On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo.
  7. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose to restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

If I have helped in any way, please consider rating my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.

I told you I could not use iTunes. Please do not charge me or look any further for the answer. Apple has taken care of it . Thank you

In order to complete your refund, please visit the following site:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

You can also call 1(###) ###-####/p>

Thank you.