Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

ASHIK ONLY: Contacts on my MacBook Pro is empty. I have

Contacts on my iPad and...
ASHIK ONLY: Contacts on my MacBook Pro is empty. I have Contacts on my iPad and iPhone, but not on my computer. How do I fix this? —George
Ash— I'll see you tomorrow. —G
3/24/2018
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

On your Mac, open Apple > System Preferences > iCloud. Turn off Contacts and turn it back on. Does it load the contacts now?

Good day, Ash. Sorry, still no Contacts. —George

Open www.icloud.com

Login to your iCloud account and do you see your Contacts there?

I am signed in. Should I sign out and then sign in again?
It asks, "Do you want to keep a copy of your iCloud data on this Mac before signing out?
—G

Yes, try that. If asked to keep, choose it. If Delete is the only option, do it.

In my memory, it seems that I did that before once, and the process took many hours to complete. My present choices are keep a copy or Cancel.

That time depends up on the speed of the internet.

Choose Keep Copy.

Is that my only choice? My Internet is slow.

Try this. Cancel it. Turn off Contacts in iCloud. Then restart the Mac. Then again restart the Mac and turn it on

Did not work. I even rebooted after turning Contacts on. No change. —G

Do you see the contacts when you login to www.icloud.com

via Safari?

They are. However, when I click the Contacts icon on the bottom of my Desktop, I just get blanks.

Turn off Contacts again in iCloud.

Then close Contacts app. In Finder, hold down OPtion key,click on Go menu and select Library. If you see Contacts folder there, trash it.

Then open Application Support folder and trash the com.apple.Contacts or com.apple.Addressbook folder.

Then restart the Mac and turn on Contacts

Neither of those folders is there under Application Support.

Do you see Addressbook or Contacts folder in Application Support folder?

Also, check Containers folder

com.apple.addressbook is in Containers folder.

Trash it.

Then restart Mac and enable Contacts option in iCloud

Sorry, still No Cards in Contacts.

Then you need to sign out from iCloud and sign back in

No change.

May i access your Mac and check the issue?

Y

Here is the remote link --> https://www.fastsupport.com/267451907

Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi George, I can see your other question, but unable to answer it yet as it is in Microsoft category and waiting for it to move it to Mac category.