Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Will this cot me. I im trying to unlock disbled iphone by…

Customer Question
Will this cot me ...

Will this cot me

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I im trying to unlock disbled iphone by cobnnecting to itunes but iit says cant connect because value is missing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Iphone 7 plus

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/24/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Yes, this is a paid service but if you are not satisfied we do offer a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee if you are not satisfied with the help you receive.

As far as your disabled device, there could be a couple reasons why you are getting this error "value is missing". But first, it also depends on what caused your iPhone to be disabled in the first place. Was it the apple id and password ***** incorrectly too many times or the passcode (4 to 6 digits)? If its the passcode that caused this, you can bypass the passcode and disabled time by connecting it to iTunes but the important thing is that your iPhone needs to be put into recovery mode which I include in the steps below. If it is not the passcode please let me know.

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen. See pic attached to this message.
  5. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose to restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

If I have helped in any way, please consider rating my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.