Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I forgot my password for the app store and it says reset but…

Customer Question
I forgot my password...

I forgot my password for the app store and it says reset but want the old .

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Haven't changed but have not been in the store in close to a year

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I tried but its asking to put in my old one

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/24/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

If the app store is asking for an old apple id and password, you may need to sign out of the old apple id account first in settings/iTunes & app store. Also, just make sure you don't use any type of auto/saved username or password, meaning you want to make sure you actually type in your apple id and password ***** and not choose any type of saved username or password ***** that may prompt you.

Here you can choose your old apple id and then select sign out. However, you may need the password ***** Which if that is the case, you have to reset the apple id to that apple id. You can do this by going to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

Once you are signed out of your old account you can sign into your new current apple id.

f you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

If I have helped in any way, please consider rating my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.