Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iphone is disabled. I don't know. For one day. Just

Customer Question
My iphone is disabled ...

My iphone is disabled

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I don't know

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

For one day

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just enable my iphone

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/24/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Is your iPhone asking for an apple id and password ***** a 4 to 6 digit passcode before it was disabled? The reason why I ask is that depending on which one will depend on what the fix would be. Therefore, I will include both so you can know what to do.

If it is the apple id and password, but the password ***** ***** working, please go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

If it is the passcode, you will need to restore the iPhone while in recovery mode. Please understand that this will need to erase all data on the phone in order to bypass Apple's passcode security. Also, note that steps 4 - 6 only choose one as it depends on the model of your iPhone that I did not see specified.

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing the next step
  4. On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen. See pic attached to this message.
  5. iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, iPod Touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds but don’t let go when you see the apple logo. Hold these buttons until you see the iTunes logo and cable icon.

6. iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8+: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

7. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose to restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

If I have helped in any way, please consider rating my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.