Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Our company has an iPad 2 that we purchased almost 5 years…

Customer Question
Our company has an...

Our company has an iPad 2 that we purchased almost 5 years ago. an employee had set up an apple id and password ***** we do not have and would like to unlock shows activation lock. have serial number and the name of our company is Xpicor INC. IN Greensboro NC serial # DLXGC1RADFJ1 have no proof of purchase but probably purchased by our owner Shawn Poole have had this iPad for approximately 5 years

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Probably been 3 or 4 years I have my own apple id and password ***** other devices

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No I haven't do you have the link

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No sir

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/24/2018
Mac Support Specialist: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 3 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

First, reset the Apple ID using the following procedure:

Go to your Apple ID account page at the link below and click "Forgot Apple ID or password." If asked to confirm your phone number, use steps for two-factor authentication instead.

https://appleid.apple.com/#!&page=signin

Enter your Apple ID.

Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue and follow the rest of the steps as prompted.

Then follow the procedures at the following link to remove the activation lock:

click here

Please let me know if you have questions with any of the steps and please let me know the result.

sorry did not work, this iPad belonged to a past employee that we do not know what apple id or password ***** used. unable to do following your instructions