Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Gave my Sister my older iPad mini and she some how manage to…

Customer Question
Gave my Sister my...

Gave my Sister my older iPad mini and she some how manage to lock it and doesn’t.t have the password. She sent it back to me.& it appears it needs a 4digit password ***** open it. How can we open it and reset it?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

She probably did that in the last couple weeks I sent it to unlocked and no password *****

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No.Wasn.t aware of it.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
3/23/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 5 months ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Hi
Sorry to hear about your issue:(
If you forget the passcode, Unfortunately the only way out is to restore the iPad to factory settings. This will delete contents from the iPad unless you have a backup either in iCloud or in iTunes.
Open iTunes in the computer and connect the iPad to the computer.
Now, on the iPad, press and hold the power button and home button together for 30 sec.
Your computer should now give a message that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode and needs to be restored.
Restore the iPad now.
Let me know if you find any difficulty.PS: if you get any request for secure remote assistance, please ignore it as it is system generated.