Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My phone’s battery is draining several times a day. I phone…

Customer Question
My phone’s battery is...

My phone’s battery is draining several times a day

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your smartphone?

I phone 6 +

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

This has been going on for over a week. I turn the phone off at night when I don’t need the alarm clock. I try to wait till the battery has less than 30% power left before I recharge the device.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I can’t think of anything else

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/23/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 3 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice and info. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Phone/Remote Services are offered, ignore them

Let's reset iOS settings. This will not remove any personal data but will reset iOS options back to current system defaults. You may have to re-enter passwords for Wi-Fi and other services.

On the device;

tap Settings

tap General

tap Reset

tap Reset All Settings

The device should eventually restart.

Test to see if the issue is resolved.

If it is not;

Your iPhone is likely eligible for a special battery replacement through Apple.

You can start a battery service request from the following site:

https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/battery-power

Scroll down and click the blue button that says "Start a battery service request"

On the next page you can choose to talk to a representative and they can reserve a battery for you before you go to a local Apple Store. You can also find location to take it for repair or even get more info on sending the iPhone in for the battery replacement if a repair location is not close enough for you.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,