Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Help got locked out of my iphone 7. I changed my passcode in…

Customer Question
Help got locked out...

Help got locked out of my iphone 7. I changed my passcode in haste after an argument with my teenager. Now I cant remember it. I tried to reset connecting to itunes but it states there is error when I try to reset it.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Last week i usually use my fingerprint but its not letting me. the error msg cound not connect an error occurred 0xE8000015

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Not sure what that is

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No that was it. I would like to use it again. not sure how

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/23/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 4 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice and info. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Phone/Remote Services are offered, ignore them

Are you using the cord that came with your iPhone?

Please try this exactly as follows:

The following procedure is a special device firmware update mode. It will erase your Apple device, remove any passcodes, and then re-sync user data once it is done (provided you have a backup of some kind).

Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

(Mac users can run System Preferences > “App Store” ( or Software Update for older OS X releases) > "Check now" to get the latest version for their system in most cases.)

-> Open iTunes on your computer and connect the Apple device directly to it (using the charging cable that came with it from Apple)

-> Turn off the Apple device (press the sleep/wake button on the top until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device completely shuts off).

-> Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the volume down button (on the left) for 10 seconds

-> Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the volume down button, until...

-> iTunes should alert you it’s detected a device in recovery mode, click OK and continue along for the restore.

Note: it may ask whether you wish to restore a backup from iTunes or from iCloud. You should use which ever has the latest backup of your personal data.

If it doesn’t work the 1st time, start from the beginning and try again. If iTunes *still* doesn't recognize the device, plug it into a DIFFERENT USB port and try once more.