Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I had my ipad mini restored so I could use it. I had lose my…

I had my ipad...

I had my ipad mini restored so I could use it. I had lose my password ***** open it . I now can do that but I was told I needed an activation 6 digit code.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Today

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No, I went to the Rideau Apple store.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not have a cell phone so my 6 digit code came to my home phone. In fact I had 3 different calls before I got home. I do not know where to put the 6 digit code or how.

3/23/2018
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice and info. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Phone/Remote Services are offered, ignore them

1. On the iPad, go to Settings.
  2. Tap Sign in to your [device] toward the top of the screen.
  3. Enter your Apple ID and password.
  4. enter the six-digit verification code and complete sign in.

I go to settings but I don't see a sign in..Am I correct in using the icon

What is the first thing you see at the top of the page in Settings?

I have a heading on the left SETTINGS and on the right General.
I see Airplane mode on the left and About on the right

Ok, do you see an option above Airplane mode? It may list your user name if you are already signed in.

a space with a "balloon' Settings

Can you tell me what version of iOS you are currently running, please?

in Settings

tap General

tap About

On the About screen, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says.

Thanks,

9.3.513G36
I also located VPN
is that where I should be.

Ok, you're actually running a very old version of iOS on your iPad. Depending on the exact model of mini you may be able to update.

tap General

tap Software Update

Does it offer an update or say you are up to date?

It says my software is up to date.
I just noticed my wifi connection had been off.
I have it now

Great,

Make sure you sign in via Settings > iCloud if needed.

I just typed in a verification code that was phoned to me just now.

Good, in that case you should be all set at this point.

How do I get to mail?What do I do with the WELCOME TO MAIL that lists icloud, exchange Google etc. I go to icloud and it tells me I already have an account . Or does that mean all my emails etc. are gone as of today. ?

Who is your email provider?

Google

In Settings > “Mail” …

In the Accounts section, Tap “Add Account”.

tap your email provider (Google, for example), or use "Other" if not listed

Follow the onscreen steps and provide the required information to configure your account. In the boxes provided you should enter your name, complete email address, password, and a description of the account.

Once you’ve entered your information, in the top right, tap Next.

After your account has been verified, in the top right, tap Save. (Note: Make sure that the Mail option is turned ON.)

When the account setup has been completed, test that it works properly.

We are connected through Bell

If your email is a google gmail account just use the previous instructions as indicated. :-)

John T. F., Apple Consultant
Thank you so much! You were so helpful and very patient .
Helena