Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an Apple iPhone it is old I think it is a 6 all of a…

Customer Question
I have an Apple...

I have an Apple iPhone it is old I think it is a 6 all of a sudden phone numbers are duplicated in multiples. Some numbers have not been used for years looks like a virus. As crazy as that sounds HELP

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

IOS 11.2.6

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

Started this week recved call from sister and could not talk phone said call coming from her and 73 others..

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I would like to get a new phone but am afraid of loosing all my info also if I transfer info will i be taking virus or what ever settings that is bad to new phone??

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/23/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

That is a very uncommon problem but it is extremely unlikely your phone has a virus...

Got to settings icon then scroll down to contacts.

What is your default account set to?

i am confused no default settings shld look in import SIM Contacts?
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

If nothing is listed as deafult, tap it and then select icloud

Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

After you set to icloud go to your contacts list and look for change

Just forget it. I no longer want your help. I will pay 39 dollars but that is all you are no help if you cannot stay on one call longer than an email
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

Im sorry? I dont understand your comment at all

Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

Not sure what that was about but after you set to icloud do you see a change in contacts?

No I do not want your help. Delete my name etc. I will work on this myself
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago

May I ask why the rudeness? All I am doing is trying to help you