Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can't update because of an ACtivitation Lock...it

Customer Question
I can't update because...

I can't update because of an ACtivitation Lock...it indicates my apple id or password ***** not match and I have tried it several times but wont let me in so I guess I must be using the wrong pw or apple id but I don't know

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Not sure, but I have a note that I may have changd in on 10/20/17 in connection with a new iPhone...

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No...

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/23/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

Do you have a computer with itunes running on it?

I have ITunes on my iPhone but I never use it...my issue is accessing my ipad which has an avtivation lock that wont accept my apple id and/or password
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

I understand your issue... Do you have a computer with itunes running on it?

NO
anything I should be doing...I expect I have to change my password?
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Ok to remove an activation lock you need to hook up your ipad to your computer with the apple data cord

You can then release the activation lock in about 10 seconds flat through itunes

The only other thing you can do is call 1-***-***-**** to verify your identity

Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Activation lock is a security lock so it wont let you change your password ***** you tried

It needs authentication that you are YOU

I called the number but it asks for the serial number which I cannot access
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

I want you to believe me when I tell you I am trying to do everything I can for you but our options are decreasing here

We need to TRY and reset your password...

okay, how do I do that
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Do you see a password ***** option on your ipad on the lock screen?

unfortunately no. it states enter the apple id and password ***** you used to set up the Ipad. I did that but it didn't work. there is a button that states activation lock help which directed me to this site.
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Can you get to safari?

not on the ipad...it only lets me get back
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

Do you have ANY device other than the ipad you can get to the apple website to reset?