Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Cannot find my iPhone. Tried Find My Phone which shows both…

Customer Question
Cannot find my iPhone...

Cannot find my iPhone. Tried Find My Phone which shows both iPads and our other iPhone, but not mine. Tried iCloud, same problem. Leaving on an overseas trip in 30 minutes.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

How do I find it

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

I think it is 10.3.3

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/23/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Ameen Khan, Computer Technician replied 3 months ago
Ameen Khan
Ameen Khan, Computer Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I will do my best to help you today. Please give me a minute to review your question.

Looks like you need to enable the Find my iPhone feature and then it'll show up in your iCloud Find My iPhone list. I will compile the steps for you, be right back

I have done both. I phone does not show up.

On your iPhone

1. Launch Settings

2. Right at the top you’ll see your name right next to your iCloud profile image. Tap on it for more options.

3. Now tap on the iCloud option. It’s the one with your iCloud email address underneath it.

4. Select Find My iPhone and move the toggle switch to the enable

I see, lets check the following settings then:

Check that you signed in to iCloud on your device: For iOS 10.3 or later, tap Settings. If you see "Sign in to your [device]," tap it and enter your Apple ID and password.

• Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Find My iPhone. If Find My iPhone is off, turn it on. Then tap Allow.
  • Check which Apple ID you signed in with. Maybe you signed in to iCloud.com or Find My iPhone with a different Apple ID than on the device that you don't see listed. To check, sign in to Find My iPhone or iCloud.com with your other Apple ID accounts and look for your device.

Check that your iphone has a cellular or Wi-Fi network connection. it must be connect to Internet through a known Wi-Fi network

If you can access your device and see that it has an active Internet connection, turn Airplane Mode on and back off.

Also, I would highly recommend to Turn your device off and back on - This will help a lot

Your satisfaction is my priority, Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page once you have a moment. Thanks :)