Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am trying to change and extremely old ID comes up when I…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to change and extremely old ID comes up when I try to log in to update my mac os. Can you help me? The ID I have been using for many years now is:***@******.***. However, when I try to find out where to go to delete the old ID is unavailable because I CANNOT GET IN!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Several years ago and the password ***** ***** as far as I know.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

YES!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. why can't I log in to apple. The ID, password ***** security questions all agreed with what Apple has to ID me with....

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/24/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 3 months ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To start with, I need to know the version of mac osx you have on your machine, you can check as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

I'll be waiting for your reply, thank you.

Dustin S.
Senior Technician and Former 31F1P ( Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer)

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call + Live Video Call + Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S