Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am trying to reset my Restrictions pass code. I have for…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to reset my Restrictions pass code. I have for gotten it. I do not have my pass word for my old email address to back up and restore my I pad

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

I dont remember

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I have not

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
Help
3/23/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have any backup of your iPhone in iCloud or Computer? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and try doing reset on the iPhone which will erase all the data and the passcode. If you have a backup, we can restore the data and contact back to your iPhone.

It is an I pad

I am sorry, Do you have any backup of your iPad in iCloud or Computer?

Before we do a reset We need to clear reset your apple ID first because if we go ahead reset your iPad, the screen will stuck in the activation lock. So Can I have your apple ID or iCloud ID?

I do have another Apple ID that works

Can I have the trusted phone number which ends with ‎(•••) •••-••16?

Do you have an access to the phone number (6154056116)? If you have access, can you please look into the phone and check for the verification code.

I got it yes

Can I have that code?

129626

Can I have the new code? Because the previous code got expired.

699670

Verification code will get expired in 2 minutes. In this case I will try to resend the code, if that doesn't work we will try different solution.

500490
I did not approve this transaction

When I tried to recover your account I am getting this error message stating"When your account is ready for recovery, we will send instructions to +1(###) ###-#### Status information will be available in 24 hours". If you get this message which mean, you apple account is not properly verified, in this case You can reach Apple Account Security team over the phone at 1-***-***-**** /1-***-***-****. They are available from 7AM to 10PM CST 7 days a week.

IMPORTANT: When you call, you’ll reach an automated system. Just say "iTunes" and then say "Account" for Account Security. Then, say "Yes" when the system asks if you would like to be transferred to an advisor again say "Yes".