Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Is the Logitec comparable with my APPLE? I don't know. I…

Is the Logitec comparable...

Is the Logitec comparable with my APPLE?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I don't know. I have the Big Mac desktop

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

I wanted to get a larger keyboard and Best Buy said the Logitech was compatible with Apple so I bought one yesterday

3/23/2018
Ashik, Mac Technician

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Most of all the keyboards out there are compatible with Mac and works without the need for any special software. Some keyboards, especially the keyboards with special advanced functions (like gaming keyboards), require specific software to work the special functions of the keyboard, but the keyboard itself will work on Mac without any issues.

If you get Windows version of keyboard of Logitech, then you may find it difficult to use the button labels/logo will be different on Windows version. For eg: It will have Windows logo key instead of Command key (but the keyboard will work without any issues on Mac), it just the labels on the buttons will be different. So if there is Mac version, get it so the labels on keys will be correct.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Note : This is not my final answer. I strive to provide Excellent service or 5 star service. If you feel you've received anything less or if you are not satisfied or if my solutions didn't work, please don't rate me bad or poor or ok as it will badly affect my job here. Instead of rating, please let me know by replying in here and I will stay with you and try my best to help you until you are fully satisfied or the issue is resolved.

Using your keyboard; Connect the USB receiver/dongle came with the keyboard to the back of your Mac and it will work then. No need to install anything.

Ashik, Mac Technician
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I still can't get it to work

Did you connect the receiver to the Mac?

Ashik, Mac Technician