Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My IPad 4 battery is not active as as it was. Gee I have to…

Customer Question
My IPad 4 battery...

My IPad 4 battery is not active as long as it was

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

Gee I have to look that up, but where will I find it

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

It is a gradual slowing down of use, I just find I am plugging it in more often

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

The heat of the device if I am using game apps

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/23/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 4 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

Everything you have said points directly to an old malfunctioning battery especially with heat generation

I recommend you take to the apple store or local authorised repair center and get the battery replaced.

This way you dont have to throw it away but just refresh its power module and it will be good for another few more years again

Thanks Mike