Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My usb port has stopped charging my IPad Mini. I have

Customer Question
My usb port has...

My usb port has stopped charging my IPad Mini. I have switched cables, and the results are the same. Today, I had my IPad connected for about 3 hours without a problem, then it went poof.

Technician's Assistant: What year is your MINI?

2014

Technician's Assistant: Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?

The mini has NO PROBLEM at all. It charges fine when I plug it in to a charger.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
3/23/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 5 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you hold the home and power buttons on the iPad for about 10 seconds until you see the apple logo then release.

Let the iPad restart and tell me how it now operates please

Thank you

Thanks

Let me know how it goes please

I have changed the cord twice. I have restarted the IPad mini twice. I have tried using an Iphone. Nothing works.

Ok, to be sure, did you do the instructions I gave you?

Go to settings, general, reset, reset all settings

Tell me how it then performs please