Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have an iphone 5, 1 year old. I had it on imessage when I…

I have an iphone...

I have an iphone 5, 1 year old. I had it on imessage when I was in US, airplane mode on. When I came home I turned airplane mode off, and texting went back to normal except for one contact. I cannot text her, phone keeps telling me to enable imessage but even when I turn it back on will not send texts either way.

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

IOS 11.2.6 my phone tells me it is up to date

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

It has been going on for 6 days now, I have powered it all the way off for 10 mins then back on, checked my settings which did not change.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you please hold the home and power buttons on the iPhone until you see the apple logo then release.

Let the phone restart and tell me how it then functions pleease

ok it restarted, looks normal

Perfect and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Also the phone says Williams phone, it should say Kathy's phone but I cant change it.

Settings > General > About. You can edit your device’s name at the very top

And please remember the rating

Richard, Apple Software Engineer
excellent thanks, ***** ***** little pricey for such a simple answer

I have no control over price sorry, I kindly though as if can rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.