Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I do not have all the details since I am checking on behalf…

Customer Question
I do not have...

I do not have all the details since I am checking on behalf of my son who at college in South Carolina. He is having problems with his MAcbook that I purchased in 2016. He took it to the Apple store in Greenville, SC on Tuesday, and had to wait 3 hours for help. They reloaded the software and it seemed to fix the problems, But Yesterday the problem started again. So he will need to take this back to the Apple store tomorrow and I believe the computer needs to be sent out for repair, which takes 5 business days. The reason for my email to you is to find out what Apple can do to while he is waiting for the computer is being repaired? Can you provide a loaner, or a rental? MY son is in the middle of midterms and cannot be without a computer. are there any expedited fees that can be paid to speed up the process. The computer has a warranty plan. I am very concerned, since I am 850 miles away and do not know what can be done to improve this process to get him a computer.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a PRAM reset on your MacBook (rebooting and holding down Command, Option, P, and R)? Or rebooting in Recovery Mode (holding down Command and R)?

I will need to check, He did call support prior to visiting the store. They told him they could not help him. I will send him a note asking.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I will check with him. He did to speak to Apple support prior to going to the Apple store. They did go through a few steps before they told him they could not help and he would need to go to the store. I will check

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
3/23/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 2 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue

What exactly is the macbook doing? It is entirely possible that we could remote into it and fix it for him rather than waiting forever for its return....