Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My mouse moves but nothing will open on my desktop mac.

My mouse moves but...

My mouse moves but nothing will open on my desktop mac

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

Sorry can’t get in to check

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

There is a message for a Microsoft update but it does not open

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/23/2018
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Shut down your Mac.
Find Command (⌘), Option, P, and R on your keyboard.
Turn on your Mac.
Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.
Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.
Release the keys.

Then tell me how it functions please

Apple icon appeared and line below filled, now a mouse with green on/ off button?

Is it responding?

Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

OS X Utilities comes up but does not move

Do you have a USB mouse there?

up and running again. many thanks

You are welcome