Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can't remember my pass code. Ipad. I don't know. I've had…

Customer Question
I can't remember my...

I can't remember my pass code

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Ipad

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

I don't know. I've had it about 5 years

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I updated my iphone and it asked for a password ***** I thought that was why my ipad had suddenly started asking for a pass code that i didnt want

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

How do i undo the requirement for a passcode on either device

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/23/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 3 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Is the iPad asking you for your Apple ID to activate it? OR the 4-6 digit code to unlock the screen?

Please let me know

The 4 digit code to unlock the screen

Thanks

Do you have a windows or mac computer available there?

I have a desk top here

Thanks

You will have to reset the iPad, there is no other way to remove this.

To do the reset

Connect the phone to the computer and open itunes

Hold the power and home button down until you see

"iTunes has detected an iPAd in recovery mode..."

Click Restore iPad, let this complete and it should now work

Let me know the results please

Thank you

I don’t have any way to connect them

You use the USB cable please that came with it

I don’t have it
Think I will have to go to an apple store

Or you will need to get a cable and then you can do the instructions I gave you

But it is the only way to do this, If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.Thank you