Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am getting "server not found" messages when trying to get…

I am getting "server...

I am getting "server not found" messages when trying to get to any earthlink web page.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Mac Mini, OSX 10.9.5

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Mac?

10.9.5

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Mac? What have you tried so far?

Just this morning

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Is this going to cost me?

3/23/2018
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the web address you are using to access this with?

Please let me know

Richard, Apple Software Engineer
http://webmail.earthlink.net/wam/index.jsp?x=1365796093

Thank you

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

A message say I cannot use this version of Team Reviewer with my version of OSX

ok, your Mac is then too old.

Click this link

http://webmail.earthlink.net

Does Earthlink then open?

I'm afraid not. Same "server not found" message.

Can you tell me the make and model of your wifi router?

My mac is not hooked up to a wifi router. However, it is a D-Link AC 1750

Thanks

Remove the power to it, wait 5 minutes, connect the power and tell me if you can now access the site please

If you are talking about the wifi router, it was never hooked up, ever

Remove the power to the D-Link AC 1750, wait 5 minutes, connect the power and tell me if you can now access the site please

OK, for some reason I am able to get through to earthlink on another tab ... no more problem. Thanks
The 1750 router was never hooked up in the first place. The Earthlink site is now available for some unknown reason. Thank You for your efforts.