Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I recently purchased an Apple computer at Best Buy in

Customer Question
Good morning, Technician's Assistant:...

Good morning,

Technician's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

I recently purchased an Apple computer at Best Buy in Roanoke, Va. I also have Microsoft Office loaded. I have my resume filed in Word, but I can't upload it to any of the websites like Indeed, etc. Can you tell me what I need to do. The Geek Squad had been no help, and the closest Apple store is in Greensboro. My niece who lives in San Diego is the one who set the computer up. Thanks,

Technician's Assistant: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your Apple device?

I don't know.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reboot?

Do I reboot by turning the computer on and off?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. I'm 64 years old, and I'm most familiar with using Microsoft Office.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Did I purchase the $66.00 Apple answers so I can get answers about how to use your product?
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/23/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer replied 2 months ago
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer

Thank you for your question today. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist.
This is JustAnswer, a website with experts in different specialties. I am one of the Apple Experts and I am happy to assist you.

I see that you requested remote support. Would you like me to send you the offer to start a support session?

Otherwise, I can give you a few things to try here and troubleshoot with you via this email chat. Let me know what is easiest for you.

-Jamie

I submitted the offer for remote assistance if you would like to go that route and have me log in and help you.

But, if you would like to try this on your own first before starting a remote session, please give this a try and let me know your results:

In your Office For MAC Word application open your resume doc. Then select the following options to save it as a new file with an older version of Word's extension. The website may want it in an older format so it is backwards compatible for everyone with old/new versions of office:

-Jamie

1. On the File menu, click Save As.

2. If you want to change the file name, change the name in the Save As box.

3. In the File Format list, click the file format that you want to use.

For example, click Word 97-2004 document (.doc) to create a file that is compatible with Word 97 and later versions of Word that do not use the XML-based file format (.docx).

4. Click Save.

Please let me know your results, and if this works for the upload. If not, we can continue troubleshooting.

I arranged a meeting with a local Apple expert so I won’t require your assistance after all. Thanks, ***** *****

Thank you for the update Mary. Let us know if we can assist further.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

-Jamie

I am afraid you didn’t provide me with any information that I had not already tried. I will be canceling the Apple Support App. It has nothing to do with you. I don’t think I will ever purchase an Apple computer again. The Geek Squad At Best Buy was no help after two visits, and you told me to do what I already had tried.
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Computer Engineer