Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I cannot get whatsup to work.Secondly,I cannot recollect my…

I cannot get whatsup...

I cannot get whatsup to work.Secondly,I cannot recollect my Passcode

Technician's Assistant: Which WhatsApp product do you have?

iphone SE

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your WhatsApp software?

I just downloaded it.Then I was asked to go to settings>iclouds>icloud-drive but not getting any where.I was asked to put in Passcode but could not remember

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Thar's all

3/23/2018
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Is the issue when you try to install the app on the phone it asks for the Passcode but you do not recall this?

Please let me know

Thank you

Richard, Apple Software Engineer
It downloaded alright ,then it asked me to go to settings?icloud>icloud-drive.The app is showing but not workingie I cannot see contact details

Thank you

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

Apple***@******.***
password-Adom1927

ok. when you open the whatsapp app, what do you now see?

contacts,siri& seardh,notifications,background app refresh,mobile data

Thats the settings, fro whats app, you need to just open whatsapp the app and you can then choose a contact to send to

When I press contact no names come up for me tocall but rather the green moon goes away
  1. Go to iPhone Settings > Privacy.
  2. Tap Contacts.
  3. Make sure WhatsApp is set to ON.

the WhatsApp is on ie green half moon

Ok, now try to send a message please

I cannot see any contact list to send a message

Create a contact on your phone, then use it to send please

How do I create the contact since no opportunity is shown on phone

You do it on your iPhones contacts, so go to the contact app and there you can add a contact

Then use it in whatsapp please

When I went to contacts no names appeared & what present were the following sort order display order short name,my info,default account kasy was import contacts which I have pressed several times before

Do you see any contacts, in your contacts app on the phone?

No please

ok, you need to add a contact, please follow the steps on my link below to do this

https://www.gcflearnfree.org/iphonebasics/adding-and-managing-contacts/1/

Then open Whatsapp and you will see a contact to message

When I went tp contacts there was np + sign on right to tap

You are doing this in the CONTACTS APP on the iPhone, not in whatsapp

I'm doing it on Contact apps

great so open it, so it lists all contacts, what is on the top right?

The Contact APPS is grey in colou and when I PRESS ON IT i cannot see any plus sign on the right and no contact details at all
The Contact App has not been highlighted like the other apps

Are you talking to me on a windows computer?

please