Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have my iPad that is still linked to a different Apple ID…

Hi I have my...

Hi I have my iPad that is still linked to a different Apple ID and password ***** I can’t remember it so how can I undo the activation lock

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

2 years ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No it’s saying that it’s locked cause I used find my iPhone

3/23/2018
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Hi there and welcome

If you have forgotten your Apple ID you used, you can retrieve i via the link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid

Once done, you will likely need to reset your password ***** this you can do via my link below

https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Use the link to reset your password ***** once done use this new password
Once done, you can use these details to sign in on your device

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please.

Hi I cannot change the Apple ID on my iPad as I cannot get past the activation lock. My phone has the new Apple ID and password ***** have used of the past 2 years but the iPad was an Apple ID at live.com address and I do not remember the Apple ID or password

yes, you need to use the account I gave, my instructions help you to get the account then reset the password

How did you go doing these?

Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Hi tried all that is not working
It is a different account

Thank you

Please note, these instructions are done on a computer

If you are on a windows computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.exe

Else for a Mac computer, Click this link

download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewerQS.dmg

A program will start downloading to your computer (it does not open a webpage, but the file will start downloading to your computer).

Run the program and it shows you and ID and Password.

Give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Thank you

No sorry I did not want to connect remotely I clicked on that y mistake . I am not continuing anymore thanks for your help