Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have been using Pinterest for awhile now. I love using…

Customer Question
I have been using...

I have been using Pinterest for awhile now. I love using Pinterest and saving subjects I am interested in. Lately your site is very slow in responding or bringing up my pins. When I say slow, I mean VERY slow. That button item keeps spinning and I cannot pull up anything or save items at all.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Pinterest?

Maybe about 15 minutes ago, but it would not allow me to save anything or to even open the boards I have saved. I just re-energized my iPad as I do on a regular basis every day. I never let my battery let my I pad get really low on energy. I do visit some of the clothing web sites to purchase items. I like that as well. But I am very frustrated right now because.I am unable to open or save pins to my boards. That button symbol just keeps spinning and spinning. Why? What can be done about this?

Technician's Assistant: The Software Technician will be able to walk you through that. Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I am on an Apple iPad, and lately they have not been regularly updating my iPad as they use to do. I enjoy Pinterest very much. I am confined to my home because I am a caretaker for my very ill husband. This is a way to bring some joy into my life. I just want to fix the problem. Thank you.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/23/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Sheri, Mac Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Mac Support Specialist

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. It sounds like maybe you need to clear your Safari cache and history. Please try doing the following:

Follow these steps to clear out the Safari cache on your iPhone:

1. Open the Settings app, and scroll down to the fifth group of options (with Mail at the top). Tap Safari.
  2. Scroll down again and tap 'Clear History and Website Data'.
  3. Tap 'Clear History and Data'

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Mac Support Specialist: Sheri, Mac Support Specialist replied 3 months ago

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert