Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Data Systems Analyst for a School District
97029936

My shine locked me out now its telling me that the value is

Customer Question

hello my shine locked me out now its telling me that the value is not found when i connect to iTunes what can i do to unlock my phoine
JA: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?
Customer: or its disabled
JA: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?
Customer: how do i do that....i don't own a computer and i am using a friends...
JA: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats fine
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jon replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

Expert:  Jon replied 8 months ago.

When you mention your son locked you out of your iphone, does that mean your iphone was asking for a "Passcode" (4 to 6 digits) or the "Password" (Apple ID password)? Each take different fixes. See below.

If its the password ***** apple id you can reset your apple id online first and then try and sign into your iphone. Here is how:

If you feel that you have forgotten your Apple ID password, please go to https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and type in your Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide you with an option to reset your password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc.

If its the passcode you don't know then you have no choice but to connect your phone to your computer and open itunes and do a restore, however, you would need to put the phone into recovery mode first and then restore. Which if you were trying this before when you got the error message in itunes regarding the "value is not found", than having your phone in recovery mode first shoudl resolve this issue. If not it could be that you need to make sure iTunes is completely up to date. See instructions below on how to restore iphone in recovery mode with itunes.

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or family member if needed.
  3. While your device is connected, put it into recovery mode You do this by doing either step 4, 5,or 6 but only choose the phone you have.
  4. On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen. (See pic attached to this message)
  5. iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, iPod Touch: Press and hold both the Home and the Top (or Side) buttons for at least 10 seconds but don’t let go when you see the apple logo. Hold these buttons until you see the iTunes logo and cable icon.
  6. iPone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 8+: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

7. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose restore. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS. It may take a while just keep an eye on it as you may need to download the file and open it. Just follow the instructions on the screen and you should be fine. If not let me know

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.