Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iPad says IPad is disabled try again in 472,240 minutes.

Customer Question
My iPad says IPad...

My iPad says IPad is disabled try again in 472,240 minutes

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

You know I'm really sure, I had got this from my old roommate before he moved away

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

Its been stuck like this for well over a year. I just came across it again in my closet and figured I'd see if someone can help me with it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Can they help me

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/23/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Cris, Mac Specialist replied 3 months ago
Cris
Cris, Mac Specialist

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

You can put the iPad into Recovery mode and reset through iTunes. However, if the iPad has Activation Locked turned on you will need to have access to the Apple ID it is assigned to. Would you like for me to provide you instructions?

I don't have another computer to connect to itunes with.
I dint have the money for you to do that. So looks like I wasted money and Im just gonna get rid of this damn thing.
that was all you have to help me??

You do need a PC. Do you not have a laptop or desktop PC?

I have a Samsung tablet and a textbook Intel laptop.
  1. You will need to have latest version of iTunes installed on a PC. You can download it from iTunes.com
  2. After you have installed iTunes open the application on your PC.
  3. Turn off the iPad by holding the on/off button at the top. Hold until slide to power off appears then turn off.
  4. Then hold the on/off button and home button down together at the same time. Do not let go until you see the iTunes logo at the bottom of the iPad. You may have to hold both button for up to 1 minute.
  5. When the logo comes up, plug the iPad to the PC with iTunes already open.
  6. On the iTunes screen you will get a prompt to restore, click restore.
  7. That will restore the phone to factory settings.
  8. After it completes then finish the setup of the iPad.

Let me know the outcome and if you have any further questions. Please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top.

How did it go? Were you able to reset?

For some reason I can't even download itunes on my nextbook. . .*big sigh*

Is it a Windows PC?