Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I was given an ipad the person is elderly and connot

Customer Question
I was given an...

I was given an ipad the person is elderly and connot remember their password

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Never have it was givien to me

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Nope I know nothing about the ipad

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Just need to reset it with new info for me

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/22/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

If you are able to contact the owner somehow then you may have a chance as they can either tell you the apple id and password ***** if they do not remember it but you can still contact them, you can have them (not you) visit https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid and they would type in their Apple ID and continue. Apple will then provide them with an option to reset their password ***** by email, security questions, text message, etc. Then once they are done they can tell you the password.

If they do not feel comfortable in telling the information, they can always do the following which will work as long as they know their apple id and password. If they do not, have them try the link I provided above first and then try this.

1. They can Sign in to iCloud.com with their Apple ID.
  2. Go to Find My iPhone.
  3. Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
  4. Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
  5. If necessary, click Erase [device].
  6. Click Remove from Account.

After the previous owner removes the device from their account, turn off the device and then turn it back on to begin the setup process.

If you have no contact with this person then you will not be able to unlock the device. Apple will only be able to unlock it with the proof of original purchase as that is their security policy.

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.