Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a pop up that just won’t go away, no matter what I…

Customer Question
I have a pop...

I have a pop up that just won’t go away, no matter what I do. It’s the one that says “Congratulatuions! Amazon User! You’ve been selected for a chance to get the $1,000 Amazon Gift Card, Apple iPhone X 256G or Samsung Galaxy S8! Please click OK to claim your reward before it expires!

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I have the iMac, iPhone and iPad, all with the latest OS update (11.2.6).

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iMac? What have you tried so far?

Im currently on my iPad. I get this pop up on both my iPad and iPhone since I use them the most.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Its been popping up for about a week. I’ve tried setting my computer to not allow pop ups and restarted my system. Still comes back.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mac
3/22/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Sheri, Mac Support Specialist replied 2 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Mac Support Specialist

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Please try the following steps on your devices:

Try double clicking the Home button and swipe Safari upwards. Go to Settings/Safari and clear History and Website Data. Open Safari and test. Then click on the links below and follow the steps:

Safari - Clear the history and cookies on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Safari website data on your iPhone or iPad - How to clear

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

This did NOT solve my problem!
Mac Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 months ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer

This type of adware programs are commonly bundled with other free programs that you download off of the Internet. So remove every unwanted programs, especially the FREE stuffs. Then Start with Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website Data. Then force restart your iPhone/iPad. If it not helps, install this Adblocker App on your device.

This does NOT fix the Safari issue. The Ad Blocker has a fee after the trial period. I bought my iPad and iPhone with a browser I expect to work and block ads and pop ups. I want a FIX!

Turn ON Safari security settings , particularly Block Pop-ups and Fraudulent Website Warning. On your iPhone, iPad, go to Settings > Safari and turn on Block Pop-ups and Fraudulent Website Warning.

They’ve been on all along. Obviously they are not enough to stop this ad. Many Apple users are being affected the same as I am. Apple needs to come up with a solution immediately. HELP!

If you see pop-ups on your Apple Device that just won’t go away, you might have inadvertently downloaded and installed adware (advertising-supported software) or other unwanted software. Certain third-party download sites might include programs that you don’t want with the software that you install. Check your Apps to see if you have any apps that you didn’t expect and uninstall them. If you continue to see advertising or other unwanted programs on your Mac you should use an Adblocker App like the one I suggested earlier. It's like using antivirus program on your computer.

It is midnight here. I have an appointment in the morning. Tomorrow afternoon perhaps?

Okay, take your own time. Please rate my service with a positive rating. Then only I will get paid for my time and efforts. Please take time to leave a good review about my service. A good bonus will make me happier. Remember me, when you need any assistance again. Your business is very valuable for us. You can ask a question directly to me by going to http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-jinsmn/

Regards
Jins