Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How do i turn off the auto feature on the latest version of…

Customer Question
How do i turn...

How do i turn off the auto feature on the latest version of power point

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

MacBook Air High Sierra

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your software?

The microsoft I have is the latest version. I bought the complete package: office, powerpoint, excel, and whatever the other one is.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

The auto feature puts in margins where I don't want them.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/22/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 4 months ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

What is being automatically inserted?

Nothing. I just want what my text said.

Turn off the snap-to options

1. On the View tab, in the Show group, click the dialog box launcher .

2. Uncheck Snap objects to grid.

There is not a SHOW group under the VIEW tab
This is version 15.41 for Mac.

What is the auto feature automatically doing that you don't like?

I have already answered that question. Did you see what I just sent: There no Show group that I can find.
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

If time is of the essence, the fastest way in which I can help you is via a secure remote connection. That will provide a temporary connection where I can fix this problem on screen, in person.

I'm sending the offer for that service now, once accepted we will start the connection process. If you reject the offer, we will continue via written word alone.