Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Iphone is disabled connect to iTunes. I want to do a

Customer Question
iphone is disabled connect...

iphone is disabled connect to iTunes. I want to do a recovery restore. it says i changed my password ***** I didn't. When I go on line it sends a code to a phone that will not work, when I try to get it to work it disables for another hour.(###) ###-####is the phone number that isn't working

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

A few months ago.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes i think so. i think thats when it wanted to send me the code.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/22/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Karthik, Mac Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
Karthik
Karthik, Mac Enthusiast

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Do you have any backup of your iPhone in iCloud or Computer? The reason why I am asking is we can go ahead and try doing reset on the iPhone which will erase all the data and the passcode. If you have a backup, we can restore the data and contact back to your iPhone.

okay thank you

Do you have any backup of your iPhone in iCloud or Computer?

icloud i believe
ICloud.com gives me
:A message with a verification code has been sent to your devices. Enter the code to continueI can't enter the code if it is disabled.

Do you have any windows computer or Macbook?

windows. i think i just need a new phone.

Now please check in your computer if you see any iTunes install in the computer or not. If that computer doesn't have any iTunes application. Please click on the link below for downloading iTunes in this computer: https://secure-appldnld.apple.com/itunes12/091-30751-20171030-2E96FF02-B9B4-11E7-81C5-9CE3DF1CD815/iTunes64Setup.exe

Once the file downloaded please follow the instruction for installation:

1. Run the iTunes installer.

• Double-click the iTunesSetup.exe file to install iTunes. At the Welcome screen, click the Next button. The installer displays the License Agreement dialog box.

2. Click the option to accept the terms of the License Agreement, and then click Next.

• You can scroll down to read Apple’s License Agreement. You must choose to accept the agreement or the installer goes no further. After clicking Next (which is active only if you accept), the installer displays the installation options.

3. Choose iTunes installation options.

• You can turn the following options on or off: (a) Add iTunes and QuickTime Shortcuts to My Desktop and (b) Use iTunes as the Default Player for Audio Files.

4. Choose the language iTunes should use.

• The default language is English (U.S.). If you want to use a different language, select one from the drop-down list.

5. Choose the destination folder for iTunes.

• By default, the installer assumes that you want to store the program in the Program Files folder of your C: drive. If you want to use a different folder, click Change to use Windows Explorer to locate the desired folder.

6. Click Install to finish.

• After you click Install, the installer finishes the installation and displays the Complete dialog box. Click Finish. Restarting your Windows PC after installing software is always a good idea.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you