Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Is it necessary to allow "support help" from apple to have…

Customer Question
Is it necessary to...

Is it necessary to allow "support help" from apple to have access to my computer - that is take over my computer

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

My pad says I must reactivate

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I have no idea how to do. my husband set things up, can't find any papers, etc. and unfortunately he is deceased

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Do they need to take over my computer to do the steps, i am a granny trying to survive the tech world!

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/22/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 4 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice and info. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Phone/Remote Services are offered, ignore them

To clarify; is this iPad requesting the password ***** your Apple ID?