Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Transferred data from old mac to my new mac so my acct on…

Customer Question
Hi transferred data from...

Hi transferred data from old mac to my new mac so my acct on old mac no longer exists.my kids forgot the network admin password ***** my mac. Need to add a user and connect to wi-fi. Plz help!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Mine not for a while but can't use mine. My kids is OLD!!! This is why they can't remember

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

I can't get into the computer to get online at all

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/22/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Mac Technician replied 3 months ago
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

My name is***** will be the person helping you today.

The wireless password ***** ***** to your wireless modem/router. I can give you the instructions on how to recover the wireless password, but first I need to know the brand and model name of your wireless modem/router.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

we're not at home we're on vacation

Oh okay. So the Mac is asking for a username and password ***** it will allow you to connect wireless?

system prefs trying to unlock system prefs type in admin name and pword to allow

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

thx
Nobody answered this. I need a refund.