Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Trying to reprogram alexa with new WiFi. Spectrum.

Customer Question
Trying to reprogram alexa...

Trying to reprogram alexa with new WiFi.

Technician's Assistant: Who makes your router?

Spectrum

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far?

Everything I can think of.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Mac
3/22/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 5 months ago
Samuel NetEngineer
Samuel NetEngineer, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

What phone do you have?

Lg
  1. In the Alexa app, open the left navigation panel and then select Settings.
  2. Select your device and then select Update Wi-Fi. If you're adding a new device to your account, select Set up a new device instead.
  3. On your Echo device, press and hold the Action button until the light ring changes to orange.Your mobile device will then connect to your Echo device. A list of available Wi-Fi networks appear in the app.

Note: The Alexa app may ask you to manually connect your device to your Echo device through your Wi-Fi settings.

4. Select your Wi-Fi network and enter the network password (if required). If you don't see your Wi-Fi network, scroll down and select Add a Network (for hidden networks) or Rescan.

• MAC address: If you need to add your Alexa device to your router's list of approved devices, scroll down on this screen until you see the MAC address.

• Optional - Save your Wi-Fi password ***** Amazon: Any Wi-Fi passwords saved during setup automatically appear when you connect a new Alexa device to the same Wi-Fi network. The password ***** ***** remembered if you switch between saved Wi-Fi networks. For more information, go to Saving Your Wi-Fi Passwords to Amazon FAQs.

• Optional - Connect to a public network: Enter any required information if you are connecting to a public network that requires a web browser to sign in, like a school or hotel. The information could be a pre-shared password, room number, or just a button to accept conditions for using the network. This information cannot be saved to Amazon. Contact the network owner for more information.

5. Select Connect. After your device connects to your Wi-Fi network, a confirmation message appears in the app. You're now ready to use Alexa.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating!
Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today.
If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.