Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Rdmy applecid needs a reset and my iPad keeps asking for my…

Customer Question
Rdmy applecid needs a...

Rdmy applecid needs a reset and my iPad keeps asking for my google password. HELP

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Several months ago on Apple id

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No because I need a new google password. HELP

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/22/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 3 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice and info. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Phone/Remote Services are offered, ignore them

For your Apple ID: Your email address is normally used as the username for your Apple ID. You should be able to reset your password ***** a computer using the site:

http://iforgot.apple.com/

1) Enter your Apple ID and click Continue. (If you have forgotten your Apple ID, click the option to “look it up” on that same page and supply the requested info. Then, once you have the ID, return to reset the password ***** needed.)

NOTE: If you are asked to confirm your trusted phone number, or asked for a “Recovery Key”, AND you also have a Mac or an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch using the SAME Apple ID where you can currently access the home screen, STOP and let me know - otherwise continue.

2) Select the option to reset your password. Choose how to reset your password:

• select "Answer security questions" to answer your stored security questions and then follow the rest of the steps.
  • select "Get an email" to receive an email you can use to reset your password.

3) Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site: https://appleid.apple.com/

While signed in, it's a good idea to verify that all other details are current and correct.

4) You should restart all your Apple devices before signing in with the new password.

For your google account:

You can use the self-service Google Account recovery feature from your computer to retrieve this information.

Please go to the following site:

https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/

If you don't remember your ID, select “Find my account” and follow the prompts. It will ask for you to identify yourself as owner of the account in some way (such as phone number, alternative email, etc...).

Once you have the username you can return to the page and choose "I don't know my password". It will then guide you through the step required to reset it.

If you still have concerns, don’t negatively rate my answer, just reply back and let me know. I'll be happy to advise you further. When finished, please give a positive rating so I can be credited for my assistance. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,