Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I'm working in iMovie. When I try to share to file, I get a…

Customer Question
I'm working in iMovie...

I'm working in iMovie. When I try to share to file, I get a dialog box that says "Share failed" and when I go to details it says I cannot share to file because I don't have permission. I can share to Vimeo OK. But not to file.

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

I'm running a new MacBook Pro, USB-C type inputs only. The operating system is 10.13.3

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your MacBook Pro? What have you tried so far?

This problem has cropped up every time I try to save a movie to file. Don't know what to try, really. I assume that iMovie knows what it is doing. Other functions of iMovie seem quite OK.

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No, I believe I have explained the problem correctly.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 6 days by:
3/29/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Josh, Mac Support replied 3 months ago
Josh, Mac Support

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

No, I figured it out myself. Thanks.