Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Ipad was given to me serveral years by grandson and he does…

Customer Question
Ipad was given to...

Ipad was given to me serveral years by grandson and he does not remember his password. the ipad has been working but some reason it updated and now it is "Activation Lock" cab you help me???

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

It has never been changed!!!

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I just need to unlock it

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Mac
3/22/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 28 days ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your ipad. I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question."

You will have to try to reset his email password ***** online with Apple.

To reset your password:

You can reset your password ***** you go to your Apple ID account page and click Forgot Apple ID or password.
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201487
Enter your Apple ID, select the option to reset your password, then click Continue.

After you enter your Apple ID, you can see how to reset your password ***** on the security features that you're using with your account. For example, if you set up two-factor authentication, your steps will be different than if your account uses security questions.

Then to remove the lock:
Activation Lock is tied to the Find my iPhone (or iPad) app on iOS. If you have your iPhone or iPad in your hands, this is the fast way to turn off Activation Lock.

You can also reset your iPhone to erase all content and settings. Do that, and you'll be asked to remove Find my iPhone — and Activation Lock — as part of the process.

Launch Settings from the Home screen.

Tap on iCloud.

Tap Find My iPhone.

Switch Find My iPhone to Off.

Enter your Apple ID password ***** confirm

Tap Turn Off.

You can do this from icloud as well.

Go to iCloud.com on your browser.

Click Find My iPhone on the iCloud website, from any web browser on your Mac or Windows PC.

Sign in to your iCloud account when prompted.

If you're not immediately taken to Find My iPhone, click on Find My iPhone from the Home menu.

Click on All Devices at the top of the Find My iPhone screen.

Click the device you'd like to erase.

Click Erase (device) on the upper right of the screen, beneath the picture of your device.

Click Erase and wait for confirmation that it's been erased.

Click on Remove from Account

Try these methods first and get back to me.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know. Reply with any and all errors or concerns referring to your technical issue.

Thank you,

~Franklin"

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
im sorry but this does not help me.. i do not understand..
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
please do not charge me the 30.00 for you did not help me. i will take it to a local store thank for trying to help me.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
did you get my last message??????

No problem. I am a tech, so i cannot see that side of your account.

You can go here for a refund or call customer service if you decide to discontinue.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0

customer service:
US / Canada 1-***-***-****
Available 6am to 9pm PST

If you decide that you want to continue after you 'compare' tech support costs/ease of access or feel you need to continue here, just reply with the answers previously asked.

Have a great day!
Franklin

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin