Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

We have a iPhone 5s and the volume is gone, can't be heard.

Customer Question
We have a iPhone...

We have a iPhone 5s and the volume is gone, can't be heard

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

I don't know, where do I go to find out

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

This has been going on for awhile. talk to Apple last night and had to cut it short, but the tech thinks it is the hardware

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

If it is hardware do we have to buy another phone?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 3 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you please hold the home and power buttons on the phone for about 10 seconds until you see the apple logo then release.

Let the phone restart and tell me how it then functions please

apple logo appeared
no thanks, I'll call apple back and see what we can do
don't want to spend the 39.00, if need be I'll use it for a different phone

Can you test if you still have the problem please once you have done my instructions

How do i test it?

by using it and seeing if you still have the volume issue

volume is still to low to hear

If you go to Youtube and watch a film, how does the film sound?