Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My phone frozen screen appeared Asking to either do a ram…

Customer Question
My phone frozen Green screen appeared Asking...
My phone frozen
Green screen appeared
Asking to either do a ram dump
Or
A rebootingReboot fails
And
I don't know how or why a ram dump is offered And what it will do.The problem is I was trading up from the LG V10 to the V 20 and I can't do anything transfer wise unless the phone is up and running with all in tact.Google only had 1000 contacts vs 5400 that should be there.What do I do to resolve my green screen
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 4 months ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the phone and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the phone.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Does this step risk any of the contents.?This procedure is done on battery power alone yes?If the phone is off because it exhausted the battery then does my starting point change your request?

No it does not risk the contents.

You just do the steps exactly as indicated.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

I Unplug the charger and the phone was offI'm still holding the power button and the phone is powered upFun open to the normal front screen phone went dark within that minute still holding the buttonYou paragraph fun open to the normal front screen fun went dark by then that minute till holding the button do paragraph is not happen to respond phone is not reacting to the power button I have plugged the charger back in and nothing is happening.... so what has happened to the phone? What do I do now?

Can you power off the phone then hold the volume up and power buttons for 7 seconds till it gets to a menu.

Tell me if it gets to this menu please

The phone won't power up at allI also pulled the battery waited 30 seconds put it back in close it up to put the charger on and still don't have response from the phoneWhen I took the phone off the charger earlier I had powered or charged up to 85% so I shouldn't be crippledwhat do I do now?
Richard what do I do now

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard that answer is not acceptable I just trusted you with my phone to get it back up and running for brief moment it was powered up and then it went dark now it's doing nothing and why all my content is on this phone I am screwed absolutely screwed if I can't get my business contacts and information this is no small little thing you said you could fix this you said it my content would not be harmed and I need you to fix this there is no other lesser answer I need you to fix this

Of course, I am sorry you feel my answer is not acceptable. I will opt out for another expert to give you a different answer.

Thanks and all the best

Richard you should not have taken on this if you weren't absolutely sure that you could help me fix this the green screen was only about rebooting or a ram dump. If you didn't know what you were doing you should have given me the somebody who did now who's going to pay for all of this if I can't retrieve this data 5400 contacts that provide my income every single day is in this phone. I have been building this business since 1992 and you're just going to destroy everything but giving me a bad advice that you were capable of offering anyways I'm sorry doesn't cut it and you better get your supervisor supervisor on the phone and this email in 24 hours is not going to be acceptable either
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Computer Engineer

I am Pete, another expert here. I'd like to try and help you further with this.

Richard is correct that the phone has failed. Phones will not last forever, so it is important to keep a backup of any important information.

Do you have a backup of the data to retrieve it from? Perhaps a Cloud account that your phone's data is synced with?

If not, then it may be possible to forensically retrieve your data from the faulty phone, however that is a very difficult, time-consuming and expensive process.

Let me know how you would like to proceed with this.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

I wrote you before and have not seen a reply. And why is a mac advisor talking to me about an Android smartphone issue?The phone is less than a year old so
The comment you made is crazy when you don't know the facts. Its too new to be old and worn out.Richard was not an expert in this an most certainly his ability to communicate clearly was severely lacking as he discounted my questions as if I should know certain things and I kept asking for clarification which he didn't take seriously.
I have a phone now that is in worse shape than before.. There was no reason for this had the right person been helping and explaining the steps correctly. Now I need an expert to recover the contents and pay for the phone because it was getting traded in for a new V20 which I will be liable for both phones. So your insurance policy needs to pay for the damages and the incompetence.
If it powered up there should be no reason for it to fail except if the instructions were wrong.I also found out that my card was charge additionally after failing at your promise to fix my phone.. That's unacceptable.Bob Hannan(###) ###-####
4611 N Beacon St. #1N
Chicago IL. 60640
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 3 months ago

Hello Bob, who was your insurance policy with> You will need to contact them.

Why are you asking me about my insurance policy.... Its your companies malpractice insurance policy I'm referring to.

Hi Bob, I am a user of this site just like you. I am not affiliated with any insurance company. What company are you referring to?

Just answer must have liability insurance coverage for themselves and employed experts. That is what I am talking about. Just like auto liability and car insurance.You can't drive without insurance in case you cause a problem to another persons property person or vehicles.
Richard has cause a problem to my property that needs rectifying and replacing.
In addition to the above... I deserve a total refund

Hi Bob, I am user of this site just like you, so I don't have any insight into your account, however you can contact the Customer Service department at http://ww2.justanswer.com/help for assistance.

Hi Pete
You keep saying you are a user of the site like myself.... What does that mean exactly?

Hi Bob, it means I am a certified professional and I use the site to connect to people who need technical assistance.

Therefore I cannot see any details of your account information.

Is there anything else I can help you with regarding your phone?