Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

In trying to finish setting the two-step verification

In trying to finish...

In trying to finish setting the two-step verification process, what I think is my password ***** getting rejected. And it seems that I need the password ***** order to change my password.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

It’s been a couple of years. I was just trying to change it now.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

Yes, that’s the change process I was just referring to.

3/22/2018
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you trying to set up two-step verification for your Apple ID account?
Do you have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

I Have Windows but am not sure which version—how can I tell?

What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?

Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
I use Gmail
Are you still there?
I’m trying to do this on my iPhone 8
Are you there?

Thank you. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can fix your Apple ID account password ***** through your computer for you, then it will work on your phone:

https://tinyurl.com/y7wy32vb
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

1. On your computer, click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

https://tinyurl.com/y7wy32vb
, then click on Open or Run (or save) if prompted.
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.
; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

I don’t understand the Control plus J instruction. Please explain.

Do you see a key called Ctrl on your computer's keyboard?

I told you, I’m on my iPhone.

Can you please open your email on your computer now, then open the latest email message from me (Viet / JustAnswer) on your computer, then click on the View response / link in my email in order to communicate with me at this page on your computer. Thank you.

I have resolved the issue via remote support. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.