Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My iphone 8+ was rebooting itself randomly, requiring me to…

Customer Question
My iphone 8+ was...

My iphone 8+ was rebooting itself randomly, requiring me to reenter my passcode every time. Now, the screen is black and the phone is totally unrepsonsive. HELP!!!!

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your iPhone?

It was fully charged this morning.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

Uh....where is the sleep/wake button? I tried pressing the volume up, volume down quickly and then holding the start button down FOREVER, waiting for the restart. Nothing.

Technician's Assistant: The Smartphone Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

I am 77 years old! Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/22/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Hi
Sorry to hear about your issue :(
Let’s try this again.
Connect the phone to the charger. Wait for 5-10 minutes.
Now,
1. Press and quickly release volume up button.
2.press and quickly release volume down button.
3. Now, hold down the power button for 30 seconds.
Let’s see if it turns on.
Thank you
Vinod