Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I stupidly put a child lock code on my iPad, it’s a 4 diget…

Customer Question
Hi there I stupidly...

Hi there I stupidly put a child lock code on my iPad, it’s a 4 diget pin... ( I always stick to the same ones) but it’s been months and I can’t crack it or reset it, or really even use the iPad, all I can think is that I’ve hit a wrong number when I set it... is there a way to delete and reset pls..??

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

Not for ages

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No! How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No that’s it, thankyou

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 4 months ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following fix:

1. Open the iTunes program on a Windows or Mac computer computer. If needed, download and install the iTunes software at the Apple website below on the computer first:
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
  2. Connect the iPad to your computer with the iPad's USB cable.
  3. On the iPad, press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
  4. After 10 or 11 seconds, release the Power button, but continue holding the Home button (for about another 10 seconds) until the iTunes program shows that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
  5. Click Restore and confirm / continue.
    ; Note: You can click on the down arrow icon at the upper right corner in the iTunes program in order to see the download progress. And during downloading, if it shows the lock passcode window, just cancel it for now.

; Note: The steps must be done correctly; you may have to try a couple of times.

- If needed, please watch video instructions at the website below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6FSHAp6fvk
Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.

We don’t have a computer
No! I’ve paid the said Amt I want you to fix it! I’m not paying more

Another solution:

- If you have enabled icloud / find my ipad option on your iPad previously, then you can erase / refresh your iPad remotely by signing in your Apple ID account at the website below:

https://icloud.com/find

- Otherwise, you need a Windows or Mac computer and connect the iPad to the computer in order to restore / fix it.

When can you get access to a Windows or Mac computer?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.

Despite it being connected to wifi ( iPad) it’s telling me it’s not connected to the internet and won’t erase, we are travelling, we don’t have a static computer
Hello?? Are you still there

Do you mean it is showing Wi-Fi being connected on your iPad, but it's not connected to the Internet? You said it's been months, and you are traveling, and your iPad is locked out, so I don't think you could connect the iPad to Wi-Fi at the current location you are traveling.

Sorry, in this case, if you can access to a computer with the iTunes program (install it as needed), then you can restore / fix the iPad.

Please let me know. Thank you.

No it’s always connected to the internet fine, I just can’t remove the child lock code ( that’s taken months) my pin code still works & unlocks the iPad. Just not the child security

Can you try the passcode 1234 now, and see what it says?

If the code 1234 does not work, then open the Settings app icon, then tap on option General, then tap on option Reset, then tap on option Reset All Content and Settings, then OK / reset and continue.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Sorry, what were you typing? Please type again. Thank you.

Did you read my above answer to wifi pls

Yes, I did. The erase won't work that way. Please try: If the code 1234 does not work, then open the Settings app icon, then tap on option General, then tap on option Reset, then tap on option Reset All Content and Settings, then OK / reset and continue.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Hello?? Are you there??

Yes, I did. The erase method won't work that way. Please try: Please try the child lock passcode 1234. If the code 1234 does not work, then open the Settings app icon, then tap on option General, then tap on option Reset, then tap on option Reset All Content and Settings, then OK / reset and continue.

Please let me know. Thank you.

We mave mobile wifi!
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Another option you have, is to restore your ipad from a backup inside itunes or icloud that was made before you put the child lock on it. The page below will guide you through the process

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204184

Let me know if that works or if you need further help.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Could you pls answer me!!
It still asks me for the second passcode.. I can’t reset or delete anything

Did you restore it from a itunes or icloud backup made before you put the passcode on the ipad?

I don’t remember, I had iCloud/ iTunes before I put restrictions code on.. I don’t care if I erase all & start again.. I just want to remove restrictions code

Maybe its best if I connect to your windows pc or mac from here, and recover the ipad for you.

As the steps to fix this issue have been sent to you multiple times, and you seem to have issues following them. Would you like me to connect?