Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

How to I set up a new echo dot using my I pad. I have no…

Customer Question
How to I set...

How to I set up a new echo dot using my I pad

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPad?

I have no idea the answer to this

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPad? What have you tried so far?

I have tried connect with Alexa.amazon.com etc etc

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

No just please help turn on my alexa

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/22/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

• Download the Alexa app for your ipad and sign in. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amazon-alexa/id944011620?mt=8
  • Plug in your included power cord to your echo dot and the wall outlet. The light ring on Echo Dot turns blue, and then orange. When the light turns orange, Alexa greets you.
  • Connect Echo Dot to a Wi-Fi network. In the Alexa app, follow the instructions to connect Echo Dot to a Wi-Fi network.
    • If the setup process does not automatically start, press and hold the Action button on Echo Dot until the light ring turns orange. Then, open the Alexa app, and go to Settings > Set up a new device.
    • If Echo Dot doesn't connect to your Wi-Fi network, restart Echo Dot by unplugging and plugging the device in again. If you still have trouble, reset your Echo Dot to its factory settings and set it up again. To learn more, go to Reset Your Echo Device.
  • Talk to Alexa.
    • You can now use your Echo device. To get started, say the "wake word" and then speak naturally to Alexa. Your Echo device is set to respond to the wake word "Alexa" by default, but you can change it at any time. To change the wake word by voice, you can say, "Change the wake word."You can also make this change in the Alexa app, by going to Settings, selecting your Echo device, and then selecting Wake word.

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.