Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My wife's iPad updated last night and Activation Lock has…

Customer Question
My wife's iPad updated...

My wife's iPad updated last night and Activation Lock has locked her out. She cannot remember the Apple ID or password ***** unlock.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

She does not know.

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

??????? No. How do we do that?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

Afraid I don't know enough to know question to ask!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mac
3/22/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago
Michael T

Hi, my name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. I'll be the one to assist you with your question regarding your issue.

Are you logged into itunes with her account on any of your computers currently?

No
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago

You need to connect the ipad to itunes via computer with the cord.

Open itunes and just connect it... You will be prompted after a min or so to reactivate the ipad

If you are not logged into itunes, go online and change your apple id password here first

then login to itunes and reactivate then done....

Can't log in to iTunes. Do not know wife's Apple ID or Password ***** she doesn't remember
We are communicating through my Droid. How do you connect to her iPad?
What do you need to connect to my wife's iPad?
Mac Support Specialist: Michael T,
 replied 3 months ago
It’s not possible to remote connect into touch screen devices. The technology is too different. You need to be on a computer for this to work..