Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My cat walked across keyboard a few times and now none of…

Customer Question
My cat walked across...

My cat walked across keyboard a few times and now none of the apps will open because damaged or incomplete? icons are not downloading onto the screen

Technician's Assistant: What kind of Apple device do you have? What Operating System (OS) are you running?

Just a minute too many keychain passwords to fill in

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Apple device? What have you tried so far?

It just started about an hour ago

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I have turned it on and off with no change macOS High Sierra version 10.13.3

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/22/2018
Mac Support Specialist: Jon, Mac Enthusiast replied 4 months ago
Jon
Jon, Mac Enthusiast

Hello, my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment.

If you have already tried to restart you mac and the problem still continues, it could be that your keyboard is damaged or some keys are acting like they are still pressed down. Which you could rule out a keyboard issue if you happen to have any other spare keyboard or one you can borrow/purchase. Once you try a different keyboard and the issue still occurs, then you can always reinstall your OS as you will not loose any data as you will not be erasing the hard drive but instead only replacing system files and folders. I would try a different keyboard first so that you rule that out. But either way, here is how to reinstall the OS:

1. Restart your mac
  2. immediately hold down command and R on your keyboard
  3. If done correctly you should get to a main menu
  4. choose "reinstall OS" - don't worry, this does not erase your files/data it just reinstalls the system files and folders.
  5. follow the onscreen instructions which is basically next, next, next

If you have any questions along the way, please let me know.

If I have helped in any way, please consider to rate my services with the stars next to my name as it helps others know I am here to help.

If for some reason you still need help, please do not rate my services in a negative way but instead just let me know what happened or what did not work and I will continue to help you troubleshoot the issue.