Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I think i was just called by a hacker to get information. He…

Customer Question
I think i was...

I think i was just called by a hacker to get information. He made me change passwords on eBay and iCloud and pay pal. what do I do

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change your password ***** Apple ID?

About 1/2 hour ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Apple's online account reset tool?

No i dont know how to do that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

He went into the laptop and aldo my iphone

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mac
3/22/2018
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 4 months ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant

Hello! I will work to provide accurate advice and info. Give me a minute to read your submission.

If Phone/Remote Services are offered, ignore them

This definitely sounds like a scammer and you should change your passwords ASAP.

For iCloud:

You can do so by signing into the Apple ID management site:

https://appleid.apple.com/

Once signed in, locate the option to change password ***** do so. Browse the rest of the personal information shown on screen and verify it is all correct. Make any changes as needed - scroll down to each section, verifying the info is current, and click "Edit" at the right side of the screen for each area that needs updated.

Once completed, the personal information should updated almost immediately for all Apple-related services. You may need to restart your devices depending on what was updated.